For assistance with the content and function of this site, please use ‘Contact Us’ link at the very bottom of every page. We also provide a link back to this Accessibility page at the bottom of each page. Persons using assistive devices should contact the Resource Center for Persons with Disabilities for assistive technology assistance.
Users of the JAWS screen reader: Please be aware that JAWS is designed to work best with Internet Explorer. If you are using JAWS but have selected to use another browser, JAWS may not be able to take advantage of the accessibility features provided within this application.
Note: Once you navigate outside of this site these accessibility features might not necessarily be implemented
- In the development of this site, we followed the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) .
- For information about MSU’s Web accessibility policy, best practices, and related guidelines and resources, please visit webaccess.msu.edu.
Most web browsers support linking to specific pages by typing named access keys:
- Windows users
- Mozilla Firefox & Netscape: Press ALT + an access key.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: Press ALT + an access key + ENTER
- Macintosh users: Press CONTROL + OPTION + an access key.
All pages on this site use the following access keys for common tasks:
- S – Skip to Content
- 1 – Home Page
- 2 – News
- 3 – Site Map
- 4 – Search
- 5 – About This Site
- 6 – Contact Us
- 0 – Accessibility
All pages contain a ‘skip to content‘ link for users who use speech browsers or keyboard navigation who wish to avoid repeated groupings of links.
This site uses Cascading Style Sheets to control all of the presentation. Turning off the style sheet will affect the visual presentation and may affect the functionality of the site for some users.
This site CSS uses relative font sizes, compatible with the user-specified ‘text size’ option in visual browsers. If you need to change the text size in your web browser, we have the following tutorials:
- Changing Text Size in Internet Explorer
- Changing Text Size in Google Chrome
- Changing Text Size in Mozilla Firefox
- Changing Text Size in Opera
- Necessary links were assigned ‘TITLE’ attributes to describe the target in greater detail. Users of assistive technology may wish to set screen reader options to take full advantage of this feature.
- Images used in this site include a descriptive ‘ALT’ attribute. Those images which are purely decorative or used for layout include a null ‘ALT’ attribute.